As a developer you tend to have multiple desktops or laptops with multiple monitors. Controlling each of these systems with their own keyboards and mouse is sometime tiresome and has some kind of limitations that can be considered as an advantage using some of the Screen Sharing software.
It becomes very tedious sometimes, if you want to copy paste some text but because of no clipboard sharing, you will either send that text in email or try to ping yourself somewhere to get the text. It becomes much more worse if you have to share the file. For these, I was using TeamViewer where I can ping my machine and send the text or I can connect in FileTransfer mode to share the file.
Now, I have installed and using this amazing software ShareMouse. It seems to have some unique features which other softwares do not provide. Some of the features that I like are:
- Works with both Windows and Mac
- Easily detects other clients
- No concept of server or client – You can easily use either machine’s keyboard or mouse for the purpose
- Allows multiple monitor support
- Allows Clipboard sharing
- Allows files haring via drag and drop
- Screen switch as if it’s an extended display.
If you have not tried it out, you can always do that here. The free version is good enough if you are just using two machines as it provides the clipboard sharing functionality as well.
Will review some more softwares and write about them in the future posts.
Anubhav is a Program Freak who loves coding and is currently working as a Software Engineer II in Xamarin Team at Microsoft. He is very passionate about Coding and loves developing Mobile Apps. At present, he helps C# Developers in taking their code across platforms. Also, pretty much interested in the latest ongoing trend which is Bots and AI. Currently working on Microsoft Bot Framework as well.
He is an active member of the BDotnet(Bangalore .NET) User Group and Speaker/Member of XHackers - A Community for Cross-Platform App Development.
Latest posts by Anubhav Ranjan (see all)
- Building a Phone Dialler for Families and Friends using Xamarin – Part 2 - June 30, 2019
- Building a Phone Dialler for Families and Friends using Xamarin – Part 1 - June 23, 2019
- NuGet Packages for Xamarin - April 15, 2019